Is that noun-verb or adjective-noun? The answer is both. First, adjective-noun.
As I was popping around the blogs I follow, I read someone's method for managing her projects. While she has many projects on the needles at once, she is target date driven. Thinking about my method, it isn't so much target dates. My projects are managed by my environment. I have 3 active projects and one semi-active. I have a mindless project I keep near my computer for online meetings. (Still working from home for the foreseeable future.) My most complicated project is my through the week evening knitting. The third active project is for weekend knitting, when I want to relax from my other weekend activities. My take-along project isn't seeing much action these days but it hangs by my purse in anticipation of some love.
The Discovery Poncho by Heidi & Lana is my mindless, online meeting knitting. I have the front panel finished and am making good progress on the back panel. The pattern came with 3 skeins of yarn. I used one for the front and am almost done with the second. The third will be used for the neck shaping sections. I think I may have extra and am considering adding an inch or two to the front and back sections. Before I do that though I need to do a little math. I'd hate to add the rows only to have to rip them out because I didn't have enough to finish the piece.
My through-the-week evening knitting is Rift by Brooklyn Tweed. This is going to be part of my son's Christmas gift. The color in the above picture is not correct. The yarn is an olive green and actually matched the ottoman I photographed it on. If you look at the picture above for the Discovery Poncho you'll see what color I mean.
Rift starts with a tubular cast on. This is the second time I've used that method. The first time was on the Weekender sweater. I don't recall it being too difficult, but this time I have a heck of a time getting it right. I'm not sure if it was the needle size, the yarn or just me. I'll have to compare the way Weekender says to do it with BT's instructions. I need to find the Weekender pattern anyway because once I get this done for Blake, I'm going to make Weekenders for the girls.
My third active project is City Limits by Tanis Fiber Arts. Again, the color isn't right in the photo. I really need to figure out how to adjust that on my phone. The green washed out in the photo. Maybe I should stick to photographing my projects on my neutral living room carpet. I am just above the waist shaping row and about to finish the fifth color section. I used up every last bit of the yarn I had for color 2 so when I pick up for the sleeves it is going to go immediately into the solid color 3 section.
Ah! Color that is almost correct. This is my take-along project. This is Bellrose by Martina Behm. I bought the yarn a few years ago at The Wool Gathering from Wolle Yarn Creations. This project isn't getting much love since I don't get out of the house much. I'm hoping we can get away for a weekend in either August or September.
The last rule to my knitting projects is that at least one active project has to be pulled from the hibernating bin. The Discovery Shawl is that project. It didn't hibernate long, but it did get set aside while the Stonecrop Top got the love.
Now, as noun-verb, knitting does remain my favorite craft. But sewing has captured my attention lately. Last time I showed my Wiksten top. Since then I made a sundress and a t-shirt.
Excuse the dirty mirror. I took this picture in my daughter's room. u Here is Dress No. 1 by 100 Acts of Sewing. I make it with washer linen. It is a big, flowy dress. It probably isn't the most flattering on me, so I'll just wear it around the house in the heat of the summer. I might try adding a belt or something to make it look less tent-like.
My other sewing project was to replicate a favorite t-shirt. I have toyed with the idea of making something from one of articles of clothing. I figured a t-shirt was a good place to start. After drafting the pattern I bought some clearance knit from the fabric store. I absolutely love how it turned out. It is comfortable and fits perfect. The only thing that I wish had turned out a little differently is the neck band. It sticks out just a bit, but I can live with it. When I bought this fabric I also bought some knit in a blue print and a black print. One will be another t-shirt. The other might become a t-shirt dress. I've seen a few videos that talk about lengthening shirt patterns to be dresses. I think I'll give it a try.
Well, that all I have for updates today. I hope you are staying healthy mentally and physically. My prayers continue for a return to some form of normal soon. Peace.