Friday, March 7, 2008

Blizzard of '08

Central Ohio is officially under its first blizzard in 30 years. Yesterday evening the prediction was for 2-4 inches of snow through the middle of the state to begin around 8am today. This morning the prediction was for 8-12 inches, beginning around noon. The snow started falling around 9am. It has been a steady snow all day with occasional wind gusts. Around 4pm, the National Weather Service issued an official blizzard warning. Now the forecasters are saying 10-15 inches in total by 4pm Saturday. There are a lot of closures for the weekend, including Dash's First Reconcilliation service.

Here's how it looked at 5pm today from the house.

Looking out the open front door.


Looking from the living room window.


I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get needed supplies for French onion soup. Also a big bottle of wine, some cheese, chips and salsa. I've got several in progress knitting projects, so I'm set for the weekend.

I think I'm going to enjoy sitting on my butt for the next two days!!!!

No comments: