Months ago I pushed the Basic Cardi into hibernation. I had the back finished and had started on the right front. I was trying to keep up progress with my niece's shawl and put a moratorium on any other knitting until I had gotten it done. When I came out from under that, I wasn't in the mood to do something so plain. I had gotten used to following charts and the ever-changing stitches. To satisfy my craving I started a pair of socks and a crescent scarf.
I finished the scarf. I don't have the ends woven in yet. Nor have I blocked it. It's been tossed aside for the moment.
The socks thrilled me for one sock, but the second sock has been a bit of a struggle.
While hunting for fabric for the parrot head block, I found the Basic Cardi. It got moved into a visible spot where it has sat for the past 3 weeks. I'd occasionally pull it out of the bag, look at the stitches and tell myself that I'll get back to it soon.
When "soon" came Friday. I sat down expecting to pick up where I left off and be on my way. No such luck. I remember why I stopped where I did. The pattern gets very confusing at this point. The pattern is a Custom Fit pattern. Since it is built from a formula, the waist shaping, neckline shaping and the armhole are all discussed separately. I had to read through the entire instructions and plot out what each section was telling me to do, then correlate them into a single set of row by row instructions. My first attempt at doing this on Friday ended in total frustration. I tried again Saturday morning, but realized I didn't have enough caffeine in my blood to tackle it. Finally, last night after dinner, and a very small glass of wine to ease the anxiety, I got the pattern figured out. I'm back to knitting. I'll try not to toss this aside again. Stay tuned for future updates.