Saturday, October 28, 2017

Rhinebeck 2017

Last weekend was the New York Sheep and Wool festival in Rhinebeck, New York.  For the second time two of my sisters, Mary Anne and Patty, and I was able to participate in the festivities.  This time we brought my friend Donna.  Patty and I are the only two fiber enthusiasts in the group, but there were plenty of cute critters to see.  I didn't take many pictures on this trip, but the ones I did were keepers.

A llama with an attitude and a hipster haircut.


An adorable pygmy goat.


We went to the festival on Saturday and spent Sunday in Saugerties, New York.  Saugerties has a lighthouse on the Hudson River.  We had to hike a half-mile through the woods to get to it.  A sign mentioned that a bed and breakfast is operated on the second floor.  I just wonder how many people take advantage of it since you have to carry your luggage so far to it.  If the weather were bad it would be an awful hike.


The weather was perfect for our brief visit.  The back had a deck that overlooked the Hudson.  This bench looked so inviting.  I wished I had had a book and the time to idle away the afternoon on it.


I was able to keep my purchases to a minimum.  When we first entered in the morning, we passed the Briar Rose booth.  Some green yarn caught my eye, but I resisted buying it.  As we were leaving I was still thinking about the yarn so we looped back around to see if it was still there.  Luckily there were 3 hanks left.  These beauties are going to become a comfy raglan sweater for me.


I don't typically buy ready made products, but this alpaca headband was too lovely to pass up. 


I got an autographed copy of Gossamer Webs.


I had hoped to finish my Autumn Color socks by the weekend, but they didn't make it.  There were completed on the ride home thanks to Donna doing some of the driving.  Can't wait to put them on after I take my shower this morning.


The weather was nearly perfect for Rhinebeck.  If it had been just a bit cooler, more wooly things could have been worn.  

Wooly weather has now hit central Ohio.  I woke up to freezing rain and snow.  It is a perfect day to watch football and start my raglan sweater.






No comments: