Saturday, May 18, 2019

Cat Toy Business

Mother's Day was last weekend.  It ended up not being a good weekend.  During the prior week, Ed became ill with what we and the doctor thought was food poisoning.  Early Friday morning, we realized it was food poisoning, but rather a stomach virus, because I was horribly ill.  After the worst of it was over, which thankfully only lasted about 6 hours, I spent the day on the couch with a towel over my eyes because the light gave me a headache.  It took all day to sip a can of Sprite and eat a handful of crackers.  It took about 5 days until I felt completely better.  Trisha had planned to make me dinner for Mother's Day, but I asked her to postpone until I felt better.  We were able to get together Thursday at her place for pizza and beer.

As a response to the remorse I'm still feeling from my LYS Day purchases, I decided I'll start making cat toys with some of the leftover bits of yarn.  The cream colored one below is crocheted.  Squeaks plays with it a little, but it isn't as bit of a hit as the grey one.  The grey one is knit, stuffed with yarn and a little catnip.  Squeaks loves it!!!  In fact, she was so excited over it, I caught her later stealing the ball of yarn that I made it from.


One of my co-workers suggested I make the cat toys and sell them.  I don't know if I'll do that but I probably will write up the pattern for the knit toy.  

Last weekend, while I had no energy to do anything except watch television, I decided to cast on the Uneek socks and try out the FlexiFlips I bought on LYS.  I'm not sure if I really like either one yet.  The yarn is a bit splitty and the needles take some getting used to.  I'll try not to pass judgement until they are done.


The cuff is done on the other pair of socks I have in the works.  These were cast on over a year ago.  We have a road trip coming up next week so maybe I can get them done while I'm in the car.


As I mentioned above, Squeaks has tried to steal my yarn.  Now every time I pull out a project, I get watched.  She now thinks everything I knit is a toy for her.


Once I put the projects away, she either takes a nap or takes up her watch at the windows.  Right now she is alternating between the front and back windows.  There are a lot of birds chirping outside.  She can't decide which side is the most interesting.


No comments: