Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Came Fast


As you probably can tell from my absence that time has gotten away from me. I started on a good pace, getting the first few a several knitting projects done in good order.  My kids had short lists and I was able to get most of them checked off quickly thanks to online shopping.   Then things fell apart a week ago.  I scheduled a routine medical procedure on Thursday to get it out of the way before the end of the calendar year.  I thought I'd use the rest of the day of the procedure to get a lot of the knitting done.  That didn't happen.  I came home from the procedure and slept, waking only enough to eat a bowl of chicken soup.  I went to work on Friday, feeling mostly fine in the morning, but after lunch I started feeling horrible.  Mid-afternoon I went home and collapsed on the couch.  Following another several hour nap, I woke up with abdominal pain and fever.  After a call to the doctor, my husband and  I were off to the Emergency Room to make sure I wasn't having any complications from the procedure.  After several hours of being poked and scanned, I was told it was just a viral infection and sent on my way.  Back at home I slept off and on all the way through Saturday until Sunday morning.  When I got up Sunday morning I felt better, but not yet 100%.  That was 48 hours ago.  I was able to finish the project for my son but decided to give up on the rest.  

Here's the score for the Christmas knitting:

Trisha gift - done
Trisha's boyfriend's gift - done
Knitted cowl requested from a coworker for his wife - done
Blake's gift - done
Kristin's gift - still on the needles with a promise to finish first after Christmas
Ed's gift - not started but will next in line after Kristin's
Siblings' gifts - only 2 out of 6 done so the idea I had was tossed in the trash and I went to plan B
A friend's gift - not started but we won't see each other until January 3 so I have time.

Here's the cowl I made for my coworker.  It is Starshower cowl by Hilary Callis.  This is the third one I've made.  I love the pattern and highly recommend it for a quick knit.


It is now Christmas Eve.  My in-laws will be here in about 3 hours.  The roast is in the oven and it is time to get moving with the final preparations.

Squeaks has been helping me arrange the gifts under the tree.  She really thinks a tree skirt is not a good idea.


I hope all of you have a very blessed Christmas.  If you celebrate a different holiday this time of year, blessing for that also.

Merry Christmas!!




No comments: