Friday, July 3, 2020

Cat Bed and Linen Top



Kristin pinned a crocheted cat bed and shared with me.  It was cute but made out of roving.  I don't want to give up the roving I have for a cat bed, so I pulled out a skein of big chenille I had leftover from Kristin's blanket.  After watching a video I quickly made a little kitty nest.


Nala wasn't interested in it at all.  Squeaks decided to give it a try, but as you can see she wouldn't commit to getting completely inside.


Last Saturday I spent the day in my sewing room.  When I came out I ehad a new top: Wikston.  While making it I thought it was going to be huge.  Once I tried it on it wasn't so bad.  It is 100% linen and a bit stiff still.  I pre-washed the fabric so I'm not worried about it shrinking when I wash it again.  It's not as drapey as I had wanted, but that will come over time as it is laundered.

It's the 4th of July weekend.  I'm off work today for the state holiday.  Kristin went to visit friends for the weekend.  Blake is staying in Cincinnati.  Trisha has to work today and is on call tonight.  It's going to be very hot today so I'm going to park myself in the sewing room again and see if I can get a sundress made.  Other plans include knitting and reading.  My perfect day.

No comments: