Sunday, August 30, 2020

A Bit of Anxiety Setting In

 Tomorrow is August 31.  In some respects, this month has flown by.  In others, it has dragged.

As much as I like working from home over going into the office, I am starting to get cabin fever.  I've noticed since everyone is online, we don't have to wrestle for meeting rooms.  My day is filled with more meetings than I think would occur if we were all together in the office. To schedule a meeting, all you have to do is pick a time, add names, click a few buttons and you have another meeting.  Some people don't even bother to see if the meeting conflicts with other meetings for the required attendees.  It can become a bit of a headache. 

Speaking of headaches, I'm starting to get them more frequently lately.  I don't think I have anything serious.  I think it is just a compilation of factors:  too much time on the computer working, needing an update on my eye glass prescription, work stress, home stress, state-of-the-world stress.  Ed and I were in the habit of taking a trip every 3 months or so.  We haven't gone anywhere since March and I can feel myself getting anxious.  We are trying to plan a little weekend away but having confirmed any plans yet.  

I'm also starting to get a bit anxious about the wedding plans.  We have a meeting in a few weeks with the venue.  That will settle a few things but there are a few major things yet to handle:  flowers, invitations, finalized guest list, reception theme.  I'm getting a little worried about COVID crapping on the plans.  I have to remember to not worry future things too much.  That is very hard for me.  I am a worrier by nature.


Blake has been home a few weeks now.  He had some minor surgery and is not cleared to drive yet.  His classes this semester are all online so he is able to keep up with things.  This is his last first day school picture.  He will graduate from college in the spring.  His plan is to find a job in the Cincinnati area.  (This is another thing I find myself worrying about.)  He is getting anxious to get back to campus.  Three weeks with Mom and Dad are getting to him.  He hopes to get the clearance from the doc this week after his appointment on Tuesday.  I think it will be at least one more week.

I finished my Discovery poncho.  It got blocked and put away until the weather cools a bit before taking any pictures.  I'll post a picture once it comes out for use.


I haven't touched City Limits in about a month.  This morning while enjoying my tea and watching some YouTube podcasts I knit about 10 rounds.  It is probably difficult to tell but I just started the solid Color 4 section.  I did the waist shaping decreases.  The increases will begin in a few more rounds.


Blake's Rift is coming along nicely.  I have separated for the front and back.  I've knit about 22 rows of the back.  The knitting is getting interesting so this will not be online-meeting or mindless television knitting anymore.

Since the Discovery Poncho is done, I need to find something to grab for my boring online meeting knitting.  I have two long-hibernating projects to use as candidates:  the Relax sweater or a scarf I started over 14 years ago with yarn I bought with birthday money from my parents.  Stay tuned for which project wins.








No comments: