Sunday, September 20, 2020

Mid-September Update

The weather has cooled significantly.  According to a YouTube channel I follow, the eastern US is going to have a cooler than normal autumn.  The channel also says central Ohio is due for a significantly worse winter than normal.  I hope we do get more winter.  We haven't had much snow the past few years.  As long as it doesn't mess up Trisha and Craig's wedding on February 14.

Speaking of the wedding plans, we went to an Open House at the venue to taste the food and look over linens, table decorations and flowers.  The cupcake flight allowed us to sample some of the flavors for the cake.  I think Trisha and Craig decided on Red Velvet for one tier, White Almond Sour Cream for another tier and White Chocolate Raspberry for the third.  We will soon meet one-on-one with the planner to work out the exact details.


Working from home continues.  Latest word is that we won't be back into the office until after the new year.  I'm just hoping that gets extended to the spring.  I really don't want driving downtown in the snow and cold to be the first time back.

Back when we first started working from home, I noticed a bird in my front tree that I had never seen before.  The little guy wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get a picture of him.  After a lot of back and forth with my oldest sister and brother-in-law, who is an ornithologist, we concluded it was some type of warbler.  Mystery bird disappeared over the summer months, but returned this past week.  Thanks to a massive aphid infestation in my front tree, he hung around long enough for me to snap a few pictures.  Mystery bird has been identified:  a Magnolia warbler.


Blake has gotten the all clear from the surgeon to resume normal activities.  He is still at home and plans to return to Cincinnati at the end of this next week.  It's been great having him home, but to be honest I'll be glad to have a little less commotion in the house during the day.

Ed is out of work now.  The company he was with agreed to pay him through the end of the month. He's looking but no bites so far.  My prayers are that he gets something soon. 

Christmas sweater knitting is coming along.  I have the back of Blake's Rift done and the front almost completed.  I am really loving how this is turning out.


I cast on Trisha's Weekender.  It's about 6 inches long now.  Great TV knitting!  Kristin's will get cast on soon.  I found an extra US 9 circular needle.  I'll be able to go back and forth between them for a little variety.


I spun the dark Shetland wool that I purchased from Yesterday's Ewes.  It became a bouncy 2-ply.  It was a very fast project, but it was less than 2 ounces of roving.


It looks like I got about the same weight as the purchases skein.  I have the ball of light roving to still spin.  I should be able to get that done quickly too.  My plan is to make a hat or gloves out of these.  It'll be a project for me.  Something warm and wooly.


 

No comments: