Sunday, November 1, 2020

Hello November


It is Sunday, November 1, 2020.  I have to keep telling myself what day of the week it is.  I've noticed that I lose track of the days since I don't get out of the house much.  It is week who-knows-anymore of work from home.  I heard this past week that I'll probably not go back to the office until April.  That works for me.  I don't want my first day back to be in the middle of winter anyway. I much prefer working from home.  I feel like I have a bit more control of my life.  I just wish my husband would find a job so that the pressure of bringing in money is taken off of my shoulders a bit.


Since it is Sunday, I will spend my morning watching my favorite YouTube podcasts and knit.  My absolute favorite is Arne and Carlos.  Their podcasts are always entertaining and make me smile.  They don't get political or preachy.  They are warm, genuine and love to share the things in their lives that bring joy.  We certainly need more of this outlook in the world today.


Maybe its because I am spending more time at home, but I actually pulled out my autumn decorations earlier than I normally do.  I don't have much around the house, but it is making everything feel cozy.  Autumn is my favorite season.


Last post I showed a shawl I was making out of Shetland wool I bought from a LYS.  I was trying to do something with sequential knitting but the pattern was getting lost because the yarn is too rustic.  I frogged it and started again with a different stitch pattern.  This is my own design and may someday get written up and published.  Right now I am just enjoying creating something that is uniquely mine.


This past week the girls and I did a cookie decorating class.  It was a lot of fun.  Here are our creations.  We each got 6 cookies to decorate.  Mine are the ones on the lower left.  Ed and I have eaten all but one.  We have the Boo! cookie left.  It'll be my afternoon snack with some tea.


I've noticed with the cooler temperatures moving in that Squeaks has changed her sleeping location.  She now prefers our bath towels.  She'll sleep there until about 4:00 am and then move onto our bed with us.  She likes to lean against my legs, which makes it a bit uncomfortable for me.  For a tiny kitty, she feels like she weighs a ton when she's on my legs at night.

 

No comments: