Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Drowning in Boxes

Boxes everywhere!

We are in the throws of getting this house packed up and show ready.  Over the weekend, Ed, Blake and Craig carried furniture out to the garage.  The stuff near the back is going into pods for storage.  The pieces closer to the door are going to be sold.  I'm letting Ed handle that.  Not my favorite thing to do.

Before all of this fun activity on Sunday, Ed and I escaped to Orlando for a few days.  I really didn't think we had time, but the trip was already planned and paid for before our moving timeline got moved forward.  So, instead of stressing over the house, I decided it would be good for me to relax a few days and sleep as much as possible.  I know I'm not going to sleep well until this house is sold.

Here are the highlights of our trip.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villa, where we have stayed at least 6 times before.


Even with it being at the end of the season, there were a few flowers still in bloom.


Many critters were about, including an armadillo that didn't pay any attention to us as we walked by.


Thousands of lizards scurried about.


At night the other creatures emerged, like snails.


There was even a Florida soft shelled tortoise.


We spent the afternoons at the pool.


On our last night we took a walk in the moonlight.


The place is beautiful.


I love this picture, with the moonlight reflecting on the water.


We don't look the best but did a selfie by the pool.


We love this particular resort.  Sometime I hope we can have another family vacation down there.


No comments: