Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy Spring

After being away from work for a week, it takes me a long time to get caught up on e-mails and what has happened.  Someone on my team turned in her notice just before my trip.  When I returned I didn't have a lot of time to make sure her transition went as it should.  I've learned not to fret about that kind of stuff.  Things always manage to work out in the end. 

I didn't get much knitting done.  Here is the blanket I am making for my personal trainer.  The color is bright in the photo below.  It isn't that shocking in real life.  His wedding is about 7 weeks away.  I need to get into crunch mode for this.   I need to get one repeat of the pattern done each week if I'm going to make it.  I know I have plenty of yarn.  I might even have enough to make a throw pillow to match.  Time will dictate if that happens.  I'm anxious to get this done because he and his fiance just purchased a house.


I finished spinning the pink/purple roving.  I wound it off into a ball with the intention of pulling from both the center and the outside to make 2-ply.  Unfortunately, when I pulled it off the ball winder, I lost the center thread.  If I try pulling it out I'll end up with a pile of yarn barf.  Plan B is to chain ply, making it 3-ply.  I'll think about it before I decide.

I started spinning the Blue Faced Leicester roving.  It is a dream to spin with.  The white and the black are blending nicely.  There is a lot to spin so I'll have a long time to decide what to make with it.  Right now I am thinking about this.


It looks like it is going to be a beautiful spring day today.  There robins are out in the front yard hunting for worms.  A long walk in the sunshine is in order.

Happy Spring!

No comments: