Sunday, December 10, 2017

Checking Things Off the List

Preparations for Christmas are slowly coming together.  Last month I made a hat for Blake.  This week I finished one of the Kallisti cowls I am making for the girls.    I don't know if this will be Kristin's or Trisha's.  Past experience tells me that however I decide to do it they will want to switch.  The hat and cowl are currently hanging out together in the sink getting ready to be blocked.  (Sorry for the upside-down picture.)


The mittens I planned to make for my euchre club gift exchange have been scrapped.  They were going to be way too big.  I instead decided to buy a gift.  

Yesterday while browsing Ravelry, I came across the Cornflower mittens.  They looked very lovely and seemed like a quick knit.  Before sitting down with my husband for an evening of television viewing, I ran downstairs and dove into the stash.  I came up two skeins of Mirasol Miski.  I don't remember where it came from.  I believe I may have purchased it, but I don't remember when or why.  The when will probably remain a mystery, but the why most likely was because it is some of the softest year I have ever touched.  It is 100% baby llama.  I'm nearing the end of the first ball of yarn and desperately hoping I have enough to finish the the mitten.  I'd hate to frog the work I've done.


Once the mittens are done, I'll decide what I'm going to do with them.  They are going to be a bit too large for me.  They may be gifted but they may be too lovely to part with.  I'll decide later.

With all of the chaos around here lately, I totally forgot to work more on my sister's headband.  I came across it while rooting around for needles for the above mittens.  It is now in a prominent spot where I'll be sure to work a few rows each day.  I'll see my sister at Christmas, so I plan to have it done by then for her.


I have other projects in the works, but I'm going to leave those of the blog until after Christmas.


No comments: