Monday, October 8, 2018

Weekend Plans



Fortunately the flu-like symptoms didn't last past Sunday morning.  We are able to celebrate our anniversary with a lovely dinner.  After dinner we stopped by Trisha's place so that I can see where she moved.

We are having an usually warm spell right now.  We were able to get a lot of house and yard work done on Saturday so we drove down to Hocking Hills yesterday.  We hiked around Old Man's Cave.








I forgot to take my SLR camera, but I think the photos from the phone turned out alright.

The Weekender sweater is hitting the home stretch.  The body is complete and the first sleeve is underway. 


Because my arms are shorter than the average person's, I decided to modify the rate of decrease on the sleeve.  For the size that I am making, the sleeve decreases should occur every 7th row, for a total of 13 sets of decreases.  I did 4 sets of decreases at that rate.   Then I switched to every 6th row.  

The pattern calls for the sleeve to be 14 3/4" long before adding a 2" cuff.  I plan to start the cuff as soon as I complete the last set of decreases.  That should take about 1 1/2" off the length of the sleeve.  Since I usually push up my sleeves, this will reduce the bulk around my forearm.



No comments: