Saturday, December 15, 2018

Christmas Knitting 2018

Christmas knitting is in crunch mode.  I decided to make Marluks for Kristin.   She lives in an old house at school.  I thought these would be good for keeping her feet warm this winter.


This pattern calls for an after-thought heel.  This is a technique I've never done before. On the pattern page in Ravelry, Andrea Mowry has a link to a video to show how she uses lifelines to hold the live stitches after she removes the scrap yarn.

I'm also making these two-at-a-time.  The gauge is tight  which is making the knitting slow.  Fortunately it is worsted weight yarn so it compensates for the slow knitting.

When I asked Blake what he wanted, he mentioned a scarf.  After work Thursday I popped over to my LYS and got some chunky yarn in a color that should match his favorite cap.  I am using a stitch pattern out of the book Sequence Knitting.  It is a simple 9 stitch repeat, but if you don't pay attention, and pay too much attention to the television before you get your rhythm, you can mess up.  I had to rip it out and restart.  Since this is chunky yarn, it is working up fast.


While I was at the LYS I found this lovely skein of BAAH.  I love the colors.  This is going to be me-knitting after I get the Christmas projects finished.


This weekend is dedicated to finishing the docorations.  We are going to have a challenge with everything placed low.  Nala has decided that under the tree is one of her favorite places to hide.


No comments: