Sunday, March 17, 2019

Notes from Nora

Hello!  My name is Nora.  I'm new to blogging.  In fact, I'm new to almost everything around here.  Last Saturday I met a lady who was visiting the cat rescue center where I was hanging out.  When we met I knew it was destiny so I adopted her.  She thinks it's the other way around, but I did a fabulous job of manipulating her.  I immediately crawled into her arms, purred and rubbed my head against her cheek.  She was a sucker for my overwhelming cuteness.  I knew my days at the rescue center with the 50+ other cats was over.  Oh, happy day!!!


My new mommy brought me to her house.  It is much bigger than the cage I lived in.  I have many windows to look out, lots of soft surfaces for naps and room to run when I feel a little wild.  


I even have a new daddy.  He loves to snuggle with me, especially when I'm napping.  I don't mind. 


Last Thursday there were big storms near our home with lots of wind, thunder and lightning.  I stayed close to mommy to make sure she was safe.  She told me I was a good kitty and showed me pictures of some big dogs she said were my cousins.  They weren't being very brave.  The biggest one was hiding under a table during the storm and I could hear another one barking at the thunder.


Did I mention I have a lot of room to play?  There are a lot of things in this house to explore.  Mommy doesn't seem too happy when I eat her plants.  I can't help it though.  They taste yummy.  I noticed that she moved a few to higher spots.  I think she want me to strengthen my legs so I can jump higher.

I've also noticed there is a lot of string around this house.  I haven't played with it yet but mommy seems to like playing with it.  It looks interesting but she doesn't leave it out when she's done.  One of these days she'll forget and I'll get my chance to see what is so fun with it.


Mommy went away for a couple days with a friend.  Daddy said she went to some craft festival in Pittsburgh.  When she got home she told daddy she was a little disappointed about a couple of the classes she took.  I don't know what classes those were.  She only showed us the things she made in the one class she liked.  It was something called Tunisian crochet.  Not sure what it is, but it used more of that string she seems to love so much.

One of the things was a wavy pattern.  She said she really liked making that and might use up some scraps of string to make a blanket in this pattern.


The other thing she showed us had different textures on it.  It looks like something I'd get my claws stuck on.  She seemed to like the texture at the bottom the best.  Daddy and I were completely baffled about why she was so excited about it.  It would interest me more if she'd rub a little catnip on it.


Well that's a lot of blogging for a young kitty of only 7 months.  I need a nap.  I see daddy sitting on the couch looking at magazines.  I think I'll go over now and lay next to him.



No comments: