Sunday, October 6, 2019

Hamilton in the Home Stretch

Today is a grey, overcast day in the 60s.  I LOVE IT!!!!  I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be done with the hot, humid weather.  This means sweater weather is here.  Yippee!!!

 Photographing the progress of my WIPs is difficult.  Somebody always has to investigate when I lay things out on the carpet.



Squeaks finds the stoppers I have at the ends of the needles especially interesting.  I have to hide them while I'm knitting on a piece so that she doesn't chew and accidentally swallow them.


Hamilton is on track thanks to a day off work.  Tuesday morning I woke with a horrible sinus head-ache.  I called off and slept in.  Once I got up I spent the day knitting the right sleeve.  I finished it Friday night and cast on for the left.  There are 13 decreases on the sleeve.  I have 2 finished.  If I work at least 3 decreases each evening, I'll have the cuff to finish over next weekend.  That will give me enough time to block it before packing for Rhinebeck.  I love when a plan comes together.


I just recently finished the August installment of the Jimmy Bean's shawl, thanks to the time I'm devoting to Hamilton.  September's installment came last week.  I'll tuck this away as car knitting as my sister and I drive to our oldest sister's home in New Jersey.


Papillon will not be done in time to wear when my sisters and I go into NYC on the Friday of our weekend together.  I had hoped I would  be able to wear it when we see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.  It'll be another car knitting project.   My revised goal for finishing is the end of October.


Michelle Hunter is having one last Knit Along before she takes a break to spend more time with her family.  Her Audition Shawl KAL starts later this week.  I have my yarn ready.  The ladies at my LYS have seen the sample and said it is absolutely beautiful.  I can't wait to get started.


Yesterday I did a stash dive and found a couple hanks of Malabrigo sock that I think will make a lovely Banksia shawl.  I bought a paper copy of the pattern at Wool Gathering.  I think I'll use the lighter color for the lace sections and the dark for the garter sections.  Stay tuned for progress.


Happy Knitting!!

No comments: