Saturday, November 21, 2020

Do Rainbows Travel Around the World?

Last weekend was bachelorette party weekend for Trisha.  A group of us travelled to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to celebrate.  More on the weekend later in this post.  While driving back on Sunday, we had rain on and off the entire trip.  After we got a couple hours away from home, we started noticing rainbows in the clouds.  The rainbows lasted for almost the remainder of the trip home.

This morning while reading through some of the blogs I follow, one talked about seeing a lot of rainbows while out on a walk.  The lady who writes the blog lives in Wales, UK.  The post was from Thursday.  It struck me that given where she and I live and the way weather patterns are, it very well could be the same weather system that was in the Ohio area on Sunday.  It struck me that maybe God is sending rainbows around the world to let us know that things are going to be better soon.  That's my hope at least.

Still slogging away on the sweaters for the kids.  No pictures, though, to show progress.  You'll just have to trust that what I say is true.  The second sleeve of Blake's is almost done.  I'll finish that today and then see what's to be done to assemble it.  Both girls' sweaters are at least up to the armscye.  Kristin's is front panel is complete.  I'll get the back panel of hers going today also.  Overall, I'm happy with the progress I am making.

I've started my Christmas shopping.  There was something I tried to get each of the kids back in the spring with the lockdowns first happened.  The game I wanted was nowhere to be found, not even Amazon.  The other week I did find it and was able to get one for each of the kids.  I also found some stocking stuffers. yesterday while I was at World Market buying the brining bag for our Thanksgiving turkey.

As mentioned earlier, the girls and I went away for the weekend for Trisha's bachelorette weekend.  


We stayed in a nice cabin in the Smokey Mountains.  It was beautiful even though the trees were past their prime color.



Friday night after everyone arrived, I made a big lasagna dinner.  It happened to also be Trisha's birthday, so we had cake to go with the lasagna, salad and wine.


After dinner we did our own wine and paint party.


The girls went on a hike during the day Saturday.  I stayed at the cabin because I had too much wine Friday night.  Saturday evening a party bus picked us up and took us into to town where we had dinner and cruised around for a few hours.  As you can see in the picture above, Trisha had a very good time.

COVID restrictions have ramped up again here in Ohio.  The wedding is 3 months away.  I just pray that she get the special day she is hoping for.  No matter what happens, Trisha and Craig are getting married on February 14, 2021.  We just don't know how big the party will be.  Let's hope those rainbows were a promise of better days soon.





No comments: