Saturday, January 9, 2021

Moving Along into 2021


Happy 2021!!!  Let's hope this year brings more love, tolerance, understanding and acceptance.  It's not starting out so great, but I'm hoping that is just carryover from last year.  Kind of like a hangover.  It's time to get the toxins out of our system and start making a better world for everyone.  

Since the world continues to be off limits, and I'm spending almost every waking hour in my house, I decided I'm going to set some goals for myself.  I'm going to try new things, be more disciplined with my knitting and sewing and read more.  I'm also going to spend less time mindlessly playing games on my phone and surfing social media.


My first 'try something new' was making yogurt in my Instant Pot.  It's actually quite simple, just two ingredients.  A friend walked me through the process, which took most of the fear out of it.  I used the cold start method since I was using ultra-filtered milk.  My friend told me that the longer you let the yogurt ferment, the tangier it gets.  I'm not a fan of real tangy yogurt so I cut things off at 7 1/2 hours.


The next morning I enjoyed a bowl with blueberries and granola.  It was quite yummy.

Next time I might let it ferment a little longer.  It makes a lot so I need to figure out if I can make a smaller batch next time.

After all of my Christmas gift knitting, I decided I wanted to make something for myself.  After a quick scan of my stash, I pulled out the yarn I bought to make Love Notes and cast on.  I heard that this was a quick knit, which contributed to my decision.


Squeaks agrees that this was a good choice.  She finds the yarn particularly soft and cozy.  Her approval means a lot since she is a connoisseur of mohair.


Speaking of Squeaks, we've noticed that she enjoys watching television.  The other evening we watched Nature on PBS.  The show was about squirrels.  She took a front row seat to make sure she didn't miss a single second.

Time to move along and begin my day.  Later is another bridal shower for Trisha.  She and Craig have officially postponed their reception to December, but they are still getting married next month.  Details aren't finalized.  Stay tuned for pictures.

 

No comments: