Friday, March 5, 2021

City Limits

 My City Limits sweater is done.


After blocking, the yarn bloomed and became very soft.  I love the fit and the fade.  Since I have short arms (a former yoga instructor said I have T-Rex arms) I skipped the final decrease and shorted the fade of one or two sections.  The only thing I don't like is how the fabric bunches in the armpit.  I think that is a typical issue of a raglan sweater.  We will have a few more weeks of cool weather so I can wear up, but it's going to be put away until the fall soon.

Spring is coming.  The birds are back, singing early in the mornings.


Squeaks has adopted a new vantage point to watch the birds.  She climbs to the top of the armoire in our bedroom.  From there she can look down through the window to the bird feeders in the front tree.  The first time I saw her up there I told her she was on her one to figure out how to get down.


This opossum is another sign of spring. He appeared on my neighbor's fence one afternoon last week.  He sat there for about an hour in the sunshine.  He looked sleepy so I wonder if he just came out of hibernation (do the hibernate?).   After he jumped down, he was scavenging under my bird feeders and then crawled into my holly bushes.  The next morning he was no where to be found, so I guess he found better accommodations elsewhere.

I'm still unemployed, waiting to hear the decision on a proposal I was part of with my former vendor.  While I'm waiting for work, I decided I'm going to make the most of the time sewing and knitting.  I have converted Kristin's old room into a sewing room.  Since Ed is working at the kitchen table, I bought a small TV to put in the sewing room so that I can watch things while I sew.

Speaking of which, I think I'll refresh my cup of tea and head up to my new favorite room.







No comments: