Tuesday, September 28, 2021

I Think I Broke My Cat

The other day I was sitting at the dining room table working on some paperwork when I glanced over at the front door.


Squeaks was laying on the floor in the sunshine looking like she was drunk and passed out.  I couldn't help but laugh.  She stayed that way long enough for me to get this picture but when I called Ed she moved.  Cats don't usually sleep very deeply.

Since I finished up a couple sweaters, I cast on a new batch of projects.  I don't have any pictures yet.

Last weekend Ed and I took a little trip up to Michigan.  We went up to the Traverse City area.


We stayed in a little cabin that was out in the middle of nowhere.  It was a cute place but a bit too far from Traverse City.  I made the mistake when I booked it, thinking it was closer.

We drove up to Traverse City for the day on Friday.


We visited the Old Mission Lighthouse.  While there we met a group of women who work for Ironman.  They noticed Ed's shirt as we walked by.  We chatted with them for a few minutes before making our way further down the beach.


From there we went to the Chateau Grand Traverse winery.  After trying a few wines in the tasting room, we sat on the patio and enjoyed a glass and charcuterie plate.  I am now obsessed with brie and fig jam.  It was like a dessert.  The almonds were pretty special too.  They weren't the normal type of almonds you find in the grocery store.


After the winery we went back into Traverse City and walked around the shops


There was a candy store that sold all kinds of sodas.  Can't say any of these flavors sound appealing to me.


When I was planning this trip I thought about making it a yarn hop.  There are plenty of shops between my house and Traverse City, but we ended up only stopping at one.  I'm trying to be more mindful of my yarn purchases.  Buying random skeins that languish in my stash just doesn't bring me joy anymore.  Now I'm only buying yarn for a specific project.  When I get home with the yarn, I put it in a Ziploc bag with a tag saying what pattern it is intended for.  That way when I do get around to knitting the project, I won't waste time trying to remember why I bought the yarn in the first place.

A good goal, I guess.

















No comments: