Friday, February 4, 2022

Some Knits to Begin With

Like many knitters, I made a list of things I wanted to knit in 2022.  I had a plan to finish up a couple current WIPs and then cast on some sweaters that I've been itching to make.  All of that quickly went by the wayside.

My neighbor texted me on January 3 to tell me that one of her daughters had a baby girl.  I knew the daughter was expecting, but the couple didn't reveal the gender of the baby until the birth.  I dug out a half finished sweater from the CocoKnits class I took last year and finished it.  I had enough yarn left to make a little hat to go along with the sweater.  The gift was wrapped along with a book and taken over to the grandparents house for delivery.


This particular neighbor has another daughter expecting a baby.  This baby is due in April and I have been invited to a baby shower for the mom-to-be.  I'm working on another sweater and hat set.  Stay tuned for a picture.

I grew up in Cincinnati and have always been a Bengals football fan.  I've endured many years of disappointment, watching the other team in the division go to the Super Bowl.  Living in central Ohio, the Bengals have always taken a backseat to the Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburg Steelers.  The one local station is notorious for not broadcasting the Bengals games.  They'll show rodeo or drag racing instead.  Anyway, that will hopefully change now that the Bengals are in the Super Bowl this year.  I had a Bengals t-shirt but gave it to Blake.  Since I don't have any other Bengals gear to wear, I'm making myself some black and orange house socks.  I need to devote some time this weekend on finishing them before the big game next week.


I jumped on the Starry Light bandwagon and bought some fairy lights and US17 needles.  This was a quick project.  I would have gotten it done in one evening, but I didn't have the right wire to use to shape the star.  Overall it's not a hard project to do, as long as you don't expect fairy lights to behave like yarn.  It is definitely a project you need to do sitting at a table.  I can't imagine how it would work as TV knitting.


I have other projects either completed or in the works, but I don't seem to have pictures of them.  So I'll just sign off here.

 

No comments: