Monday, October 14, 2024

Busy, Busy

The past couple months have been busy.  And we aren't even in the busiest time of the year yet!

Ed and I went on a cruise during the first week of September to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.  We sailed out of New York City and visited Portland and Bar Harbor ME, Saint John NB, and Halifax NS.  We didn't do any excursions because I wasn't sure how I would be mobilitywise.  As it turned out, we probably walked far more on our own than we would have on excursions.  My 'excursions' were to visit yarn shops in the towns.  I picked up a few things and will show the finished projects whenever I get them done.  


When not walking around the ports that we visited, we spent our time relaxing on some lovely recliners on the Promenade deck.  We had a waiter that kept our glasses full.  I did a lot of knitting and reading.  It was perfect.  I occasionally had to ice my ankle to keep the swelling down.


I finished a pair of socks that I started when we went on the cruise back in January.  It was nice to get one WIP finished.

Later in September we went out to our favorite steak house on the actual day of our anniversary.


After coming home from the cruise, I had to get into high gear with some baby projects.

The first project was a sweater for a friend's new grandson.  This is Baby Sophisicate in Plymouth Yarn Encore.  Always a great choice for a quick baby gift knit.

 
I also starte the linen quilt for grandbaby #2.  This is not yet completed.  It is hard to work on because Squeaks likes to lay on it.  I guess I need to make her one also.


My daughter requested that I make Simon the Sheep from Edward's Menagerie for the new baby.  This took me a while because the tight crochet stitches were not easy for me to do.  It is now finally finished and ready to give to the little one when he/she comes.


I have a sweater made for the new baby using yarn I purchased from KnitWit Yarn Shop in Portland, Maine but I won't post a picture yet because it will reveal the gender.  My daughter and son-in-law don't know yet, but I was allowed to know so that I can work on some knits for the baby.  

I also have another baby gift on the needles using the rest of the yarn from KnitWits.  This will be a little romper.  I'm mashing together several patterns and crossing my fingers that the finished garment is wearable by the little one.

For the second time this year, we have been able to see the Aurora Borealis.  When I went outside to see them, they were a beautiful pink.  The below picture was taken using the night mode on my phone camera.


I'm hoping we have clear skies later this week so that I can see the comet that is passing close by now.

Also hoping to meet my new grandbaby this week.  My daughter is hoping her labor starts soon.  The pregnancy has been a bit difficult for her.  I'm saying my prayers that her labor is easy and ends with a healthy baby and momma.












No comments: