Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today - The Last Day of Indian Summer

Today is supposed to be the last warm day around here for a while. Tomorrow is supposed to turn nasty and cold, with possible snow over the weekend. That's okay with me, though. I like the chill in the air. One of the most peaceful moments for me is snuggling under a pile of blankets in the middle of the night.

Today is a big day here. Dash turns 11 today!!! I can't believe it. I've been replaying his birth in my head all morning. His entry into the world had a bit of drama, but fortunately there were no complications and he has grown into a sweet, creative, imaginative, smart boy. He's anxious to have his body mature, but I'm not. I want those freckles to hang around for a long time.

Today is also a me day. Last night I was feeling very yucky with a headache and a sore throat. Ed was diagnosed with strep earlier in the week, and I was thinking I was coming down with it. This morning I felt a bit better, but still not quite myself, so I decided to take the day off and not spread any germs that I might have. I'm going to do a lot of knitting and relaxing. I've had some troubles on my mind lately and today is going to be my day to realign my thinking.

Enjoy Today!!!

No comments: