Saturday, February 6, 2010

Never as planned

When I heard the prediction that we were going to get a big snowstorm Friday into Saturday, I thought 'Wonderful! I'll sit around on my butt Friday night and all day Saturday and knit.'  After coming home from work yesterday, I decided to shovel the driveway.  I ended up being so tire from the exersion I couldn't knit a stitch.  Saturday didn't turn out much better.  Two previous appointments interfered with the sitting around part:  a painter who came and painted our foyer and a long overdue haircut for me.  I also shoveled the driveway again, folded 4 baskets of laundry, cleaned the half-bath, polished the hardwood floor in the foyer after the painter left, vacuumed the stairs and upstairs hall, and polished the banisters and baseboards along the steps.  I'm tired!!   I've suggested that we go out to dinner tonight.  I seriously doubt there will be any knitting when we come back.

Here's a few photos from  the front and back doors this morning around 7:30 am.  Final snowfall total was about 15 inches.





No comments: