Round and Round He Goes

Patty came into to town to go to Knitter's Connection with me.  We took Cookie A's Sock Innovation class.  It was fantastic!!  She brought a lot of the sock's that are included in her book.  They are even more fabulous in person.  I have my sock on the needles.  I'll post a picture when I have a few more repeats of the pattern done.

Another highlight of Knitters Connection was discovering Fiber Optic.  These ladies make absolutely beautiful yarn.  The yarn I'm using for the Cookie A socks are from their booth.  I also bought two other skeins.  Yummy!  Yummy!

Friday night and Saturday were spent learning to spin.  Patty brought her wheel and a bag for of wool.  Some of the wool was left its natural color and others were dyed with left-over Easter egg dyes.  Those color were fun to play with.  Below is a picture of Blake getting a lesson from his Aunt Patty.  He chose orange and blue for his first spin.


I spun the natural on Friday night and took up the multi-colored fun after Blake gave up.   I found myself getting so focused on what my hands were doing I would forget about my feet and I'd start pedaling too fast. 

Here is the natural after it took a bath this morning.





Here is the multi-colored after its bath.


Now I need to figure out what to do with them.  I think a little cowl of some sort might just be in order.

Comments