Sunday, June 20, 2010

Round and Round He Goes

Patty came into to town to go to Knitter's Connection with me.  We took Cookie A's Sock Innovation class.  It was fantastic!!  She brought a lot of the sock's that are included in her book.  They are even more fabulous in person.  I have my sock on the needles.  I'll post a picture when I have a few more repeats of the pattern done.

Another highlight of Knitters Connection was discovering Fiber Optic.  These ladies make absolutely beautiful yarn.  The yarn I'm using for the Cookie A socks are from their booth.  I also bought two other skeins.  Yummy!  Yummy!

Friday night and Saturday were spent learning to spin.  Patty brought her wheel and a bag for of wool.  Some of the wool was left its natural color and others were dyed with left-over Easter egg dyes.  Those color were fun to play with.  Below is a picture of Blake getting a lesson from his Aunt Patty.  He chose orange and blue for his first spin.


I spun the natural on Friday night and took up the multi-colored fun after Blake gave up.   I found myself getting so focused on what my hands were doing I would forget about my feet and I'd start pedaling too fast. 

Here is the natural after it took a bath this morning.





Here is the multi-colored after its bath.


Now I need to figure out what to do with them.  I think a little cowl of some sort might just be in order.

No comments: