Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monkey Business

Not getting as much time as I had hoped to work on the Monkey socks, but I'm coming to the home stretch of the first one.  Here's my progress as of last night.


I am finding this pattern very fun to knit.  I understand now why it is so popular.

I'm working these on size 3 needles, which is one up from the size suggested in the pattern.  I was worried they be too big, but I slipped them on and they felt wonderful.  The recipient wears US size 9 shoes and I wear size 7, so I'm sure they won't be too loose on her.

Did I mention who the recipient is?  It is the lady who saved my friend's life by donating her bone marrow stem cells.  DeLynne is Dean's sister and she was doing what any sibling would do for another member of the family.  But that fact does not diminish the risks she took.  Without her Dean's chances were bleak.  Now, her blood has taken over his body and he is slowing gaining strength. 

Now, it is a beautiful Saturday and I'm not going to waste any more time on this blog.  Enjoy your day!!!

No comments: