Sunday, December 4, 2011

Quick Gift

Friday after work I fought traffic to get to my LYS before they closed.  I made it with 15 minutes to spare.  My hurry was to get some Cascade 220 to make my trainer a hat for Christmas.  I wanted to work on the hat over the weekend.  I bought the yarn and turned to leave when I spied a gorgeous scarf.  I asked for the pattern and the shop owner told me it was something new from Rowan - Kidsilk Creation.  She showed me how quickly this hank of fiber could be transformed into a beautiful scarf.  In case you don't know, Kidsilk Creation is Kidsilk Haze knit very loosely into a tube.  To make the scarf you knit along the side of the tub and then stretch it out to form ruffles.  On impulse, I  bought a hank to make a gift for a friend.  Here it is:


Purple (kidsilk) Haze.  It honestly took me only 3 or 4 hours.  That time was not fully focused time either.  Very easy project for in front of the television.  Here's a close up of the ruffles.  The color is truer in this photo than the one above.


No comments: