Friday, September 28, 2012

Plowing Along

According to my original plan, I am halfway through the row count for Kristin's blanket.  The pattern had each color repeat 6 times.  I've completed 3 sequences.  It is measuring 18 inches from the center.  I seriously doubt I have enough yarn to get me through another 3 sequences.  If I can get another 8 inches or so out of the yarn I have left it should be big enough for my daughter to curl up under.  If she wants she could have it diagonally over herself, which would provide more head to toe coverage.  Fortunately, she isn't very tall.


I don't want to have to buy more yarn, which is why I don't think I'll make it through the entire 6 sequences.  Some of the balls are getting noticeably lean.  I will make one exception to my 'no buying' rule.  I will get more orange to do an I-cord edge. 

If I were to do this over again, I would resequence the colors so that the blue and the orange weren't following the same pattern.  These two accent colors are only going to have a single round near the edge.  Hmmm....maybe I'll buy an extra blue also and do something 'special' for a border and edge.  Stay tuned.

No comments: