Sunday, May 19, 2013

Flower Power

The project I've been involved with at work is wrapping up.  My life should become a bit less stressful soon.  The co-worker issues from a few weeks ago are slowly resolving.  A good sign for an enjoyable summer.

I received a very sweet surprise on the Friday before Mother's Day.  A gentleman that I work with, who lost his wife this past year, came around and gave every mother in the department a rose.  He said he would give his wife dozens of roses on Mother's Day.  He wanted to honor her memory by sharing the roses with the moms in the office.  It was such a sweet gesture.  I started crying and gave him a big hug.


This is the rose he gave me.  My family added a dozen more yellow roses on Mother's Day.  I don't have a picture of that bouquet but they were very lovely.


Saturday night was Trisha's prom.  She was absolutely beautiful!!  I'm glad she had a nice date for the dance.  There was quite a bit of drama leading up to the event, and it looked like she wouldn't have a date.  This young man surprised her with an invitation.  They have been friends for years and made the evening low key and no pressure for them both.


My oldest daughter, Kristin, spent a good portion of Mother's Day baking for me.  She made me blueberry scones for breakfast.  I don't have a picture of them because they didn't last long enough to pull the camera out.  As a family, we went out to an early dinner and then had dessert later in the evening.  Kristin made a Red Velvet cake with a layer of cheesecake in the center.  She said she had eaten this dessert at one of her sorority banquets and loved it.  It was yummy.  I especially loved the cheesecake center.


This weekend is decidedly less eventful.  I took off work early on Friday because the project completed on Thursday.  I got the screens replaced in all of the windows in the house.  I spent part of Saturday with a group of friends quilting, which is something I haven't done in years.  Today has been focused on knitting the blanket for my personal trainer and planting these hibiscus plants in pots on the front porch.  I love the color and hope they bloom all summer long.

No comments: