Sunday, January 14, 2018

January Freeze

Unlike last winter, January is acting like winter, instead of spring.  Central Ohio did not see a temperature above freezing from Christmas Eve until January 8.  There were 4 above-average days and now we've plummeted back into the deep freeze.   It is currently 16 def F.  Friday the temperatures plummeted 40 degrees.  A warm, springlike morning ended as a cold, blizzardly night.


Kristin was going to drive home that night but I told her I thought it would be safer to wait until the morning.  She and Nala arrived around noon on Saturday.  We are spending more time withe the grandcat since Kristin is sequestered herself somewhere to study for her board exam in February.


Blake also came home since he has a 3-day weekend.  He treated me by fixing a very nice dinner.  He is a very good cook.


I finished the Cornflower mittens.  They are a bit large.  I'm not sure who will get these but they are warm and soft.


The progress on the Rhinebeck Raglan is slow.  I have been sick this past week and haven't felt like knitting.  All I've been able to do is nap and watch cheesy movies on the Hallmark Channel.

Before I got sick I added a rolled collar to the sweater.   The pattern just had a selvage edge.  While hunting for a pattern to use, I found one with a rolled collar.  I decided to add that to this to give  it a more finished look.  I am now working on the body.  Once I am done with the current ball, I'll do the sleeves and return to the body with the remaining yarn.  I still have to decide if I want 3/4 or full sleeves and what kind of hem to put on them and the bottom of the sweater.


In the end the sweater will be completely my own design.  And it will be comfy and warm and I'll love it!



No comments: