Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas 2017

The new couch was purchased and put in place.  My living room is now a haven for reading, knitting and spinning.  It makes me very happy.


Christmas decorations were put in place.  I didn't find everyone that should have been put out but the house still has a festive vibe.


Kristin came home Monday, December 18 with Nala.  Nala immediately decided that her favorite spot was under the Christmas tree among the gifts.  She occasionally tries to climb the tree, but a firm "Down!" sends her scurrying.


Santa came and even brought a gift for Nala.


Christmas evening was spent in Cincinnati with my siblings.  We managed to get a group picture with big smiles from all of us.


While in Cincinnati I got to meet my new great-nephew.  Isn't he a sweetie!!


Of course, I didn't get all of my Christmas preparations done.  Ed and I were finishing up the cut-out cookies at 10:00 on December 23.  As mentioned, not all of the decorations were put out.  Trisha's cowl didn't get finished.  I did finish it on Thursday and gave it to her last night when she and her boyfriend came by for dinner and to watch the Cotton Bowl game.  It isn't blocked yet.  I'll do that and then she can take it home.


However Nala thinks it is fine the way it is.


Last night it started snowing.  This morning we have a good 4 inches on the ground.  It is still flurrying, but I don't think we'll get any more accumulation.


It looks like a good day to relax in my new living room with a cup of tea and some knitting.









No comments: