Sunday, April 29, 2018

Grandcat Visits

Not much knitting happened around here this week because one of the grandcats has been visiting.  Nala, like all cats, is fascinated with yarn.  It is very difficult to knit while she 'helps' pull yarn for me.  She has been my constant companion the past few days while my daughter went out of town to visit with friends.  It's like having a toddler again.  Even trips to the bathroom aren't private.  She'll jump into the sink and lick the faucet.  She won't budge until she gets a drink of water.


Since I wasn't able to knit I started working on some scrub tops for Trisha.  She has started her new job at Children's Hospital.  She's required to wear a certain scrub bottom, but she can be creative with her tops.  I found some fun cotton fabric that I thought would be cheerful for her to wear.


Several weeks ago I preordered the Magnolia Table cookbook.  It came on Tuesday. It is loaded with yummy looking recipes.  Most of the recipes are quick to assemble and come with serving suggestions.  Today I will try it out for the first time.  All of  the kids will be here around lunchtime so I am going to make the Country Potato Soup.  That and a loaf of crusty bread should be a nice midday meal for us.


Time now to make a grocery list and get my day started.


No comments: