Sunday, April 22, 2018

Is It Spring Yet?

I'm ready for Spring and some more positive energy around here.  The dreary weather is really affecting my mood.  I've had some very weepy weekends lately.  I attribute it to a combination of the weather, fatigue from working too much and too much family drama.  My oldest daughter just broke up with her boyfriend of two years.  I really liked Matt and pray she didn't make a mistake that she'll later regret  But she has to decide for herself.  It was a long distance relationship, which are always hard to maintain.  I'm not very good at finding the right words to say.  A big hug and "I'm sorry and I love you" are the best I can think of for her.

Spring is slow to show up this year.  Last week we had temperatures that dipped into the 20s overnight and snow flurries one morning.  Daytime temperatures have been mostly in the 50s.  Today is getting into the mid 60s.  Flowers are finally starting to bloom.  Trees are beginning to bud.  Ed just finished cutting the grass for the first time this year.

Ed and I went up to Ohio Amish country for the weekend.  We drove the back roads on Friday and then visited a lot of antique shops and Amish stores.  Saturday morning, while Ed slept in, I took a walk along a nature trail by the hotel where we stayed.  It was a frosty morning but was a very pleasant walk.  Birds were singing all over the place.


There was a small stream that cut through the resort property.  Very pretty.


Since the weather hasn't started to warm up much yet, I've not lost the mood to knit sweaters.  I started Weekender.  The Italian tubular was easy to do, but was a bit confusing when I knit the first row.  It twisted on me making it hard to figure out if the stitches were presenting correctly.  I don't recommend using that cast on for an in-the-round unless you are very careful about not twisting the stitches.  Maybe it would work out better if I had used a straight needle, instead of a circular.  Once the stitches moved onto the cable, they twisted with the cable.


The car ride home from Amish country gave me a chance to get a few more rows done on Quinoa.  The next long car ride in my future isn't until June.  I hope it isn't that long until I touch this again.


I got a few rows done on the Brioche scarf.  This is another project that will probably be slow to finish.


I hope Spring is better where you are.  I think I'll go take a walk and enjoy the somewhat sunny afternoon that we have.





No comments: