Saturday, July 21, 2018

Beige on Beige

Hubby started a new job this week.  He doesn't seem too excited about it yet.  The environment is very different than the one he came from.  He also has a lot of learning to do.  Once he starts contributing he'll feel better.  I hope.

When we went to Iceland I packed only one knitting project.  I knew we were going to be doing a lot of driving, but I didn't want my eyes on yarn.  I wanted to watch the landscape.  I was so tired every evening I didn't bother pulling the work out of the bag until the last night.  I cast on Stonecrop Top while my family napped before dinner.


That cast on was later ripped out and redone after we got home.  The problem was the yarn.  Stacy Charles Nina is chain plied.  Somehow a large section became unplied (chain pulled free) on the ball I used to cast on.  That section was too close to the cast on edge to make me comfortable so I put the project aside and reworked it when we got home.  I restarted with another ball and happily found that it didn't have the same issue.  This is cruising along nicely.  I'll have it done in time to pack it away for next summer.  I seem to have a habit of finishing projects just as the weather to wear them in changes.

In a few weeks is Stitches Midwest.  I've not been to this particular Stitches event.  I'm taking a class to learn how to knit Fox Paws and a sewing class to learn how to fit patterns to my body.  I'm very excited!  My friend, Cindy, is driving.  I need to plan my car knitting.  I probably could get most of Stonecrop done.  Or, I could work on a sweater that could be worn this fall/winter.  I'll probably take several projects and see what mood hits me.

No comments: