Saturday, July 28, 2018

Time to Take Action

Today is dedicated to things that are going to make me, in the end, feel better.  This is not an indulgent day of doing nothing but reading and knitting.  It is a day for action, to take steps that I've been long avoiding that will make me more content with the world around me.  I have almost the whole day to myself.  Ed is at a fishing tournament.  This may not sound like a lot of fun but I'm going to do some serious cleaning. And map out a fitness plan for myself. Once done, I'll be able to relax and not stress about the dust bunnies around the house. And I'll have an action plan to make myself feel healthier.

Last weekend was my indulgent weekend.  On Saturday I went to my favorite LYS.  They were having a big sale.  I didn't need anything (I never do!), but a couple skeins were particularly pretty.

This is the March 18 colorway of Baah La Jolla.  Since my birthday is in March, I thought I'd make myself a fun cowl with it.


This beauty will hopefully become Aether someday.  The shop had a sample.  It was absolutely gorgeous!!  I don't have enough green in my wardrobe.  This would be a very nice addition.


On Sunday I was feeling quite odd.  Not ill exactly, just dizzy.  I may have had a little inner ear thing going on because I felt some fluid move when I laid on one side.  Since I was not feeling the greatest, I spent most of the day watching television and knitting.  Weekender was my project of choice.  Easy, mindless knitting.


Next weekend I am going to Stitches Midwest with a couple friends.  I am taking the Fox Paws class and the Fit to be Fabulous class. My friend Cindy is driving so I need to plan a couple car projects for the 6 hour trek to Chicago.  I have three sweaters in progress:  Weekender, Relax and Stonecrop Top.  One of these will be selected.  I also have Quinoa, Hitchhiking Around Ohio and Brioche Scarf in progress.  One of those will be selected as my alternate project.  I need an alternate because all three sweater patterns are mainly miles and miles of stockinette.

No comments: