Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Needing a Little Rest

Taking a day off work today.  I'm not feeling the greatest.  After a quick trip to the doctor and then the pharmacy for the prescribed medicines, I'm back at home for the day.  Honestly, I could go into work, but I just don't feel like it.  A lazy day is in order.

Life has been a bit hectic lately.  Many activities.

The day after getting back from Stitches, I went down to Cincinnati for a nephew's high school graduation party.  It was a fun, but quick trip, to see family.

After a week of work, I was heading back to Cincinnati for my brother Joe's birthday celebration.  Another brother hostes everyone for a cookout for Joe.  The priest from their church took Joe bowling beforehand and then joined us for the celebration.  Here's Joe with Fr. Matt.


This past weekend our neighbor's daughter was married on Saturday.  It was a beautiful wedding.  The reception was held at the Ohio Statehouse.  I did not realize that you could rent the facility for private events.

The cocktail hour was held in the Rotundra.  I had never been inside even though I work across the street.


It was a formal affair so Ed and I put on our best clothes.


Dinner was held in the atrium.  The other guests that were assigned to our table were no-shows but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.  After dinner we joined the other guests on the dance floor and boogied until our feet hurt.


So now I have an unplanned day at home.  It is going to be spent napping, sewing and knitting.

Weekender has been getting some attention.


As well as Oktoberfest.


Later I'll go upstairs and work on a quilt.  After a nap, that is.

No comments: