Monday, September 3, 2018

Enjoyable Weekend

Happy Labor Day!  Thoroughly enjoying a 3-day weekend.  I left work a little early on Friday and managed to get enough cleaning done that the rest of the weekend is all Me-Time.

My biggest goal for the weekend is to get the top assembled for the raffle quilt. Things are coming along nicely.  There were two blocks that another member of the group made but they needed to be redone.  What I didn't know at the time was that she didn't have much quilting experience.  Her blocks came out wonky and the wrong size.  One of the reworked blocks is the bottom star in the photo below.  


I have half of the quilt top assembled and the strips for the other half done.  It is a very busy pattern, as you can see.  It is time for a break to make dinner.  By next Saturday I have to have the top completed so that it can be sent off to be quilted.

Grandcat Nala has been with us for the past month.  She loves it here and as not happy about going back to Michigan today.  She knows when Kristin is packing up to leave.  We think she notices the suitcases.  She tries to hide whenever she suspects that she's going to have to go in the car.  We got smart this time.  We closed all of the bedroom doors to limit her access to hiding places.  There was a lot of meowing and clawing at doors.

I have loved having her here this past month and am very sad to see her go.  She and I became good buddies.  For the most part she left my yarn alone.  Here she snuggled against my legs Saturday evening while we watched football games and I knit on Weekender.


She did chew up one skein of yarn.  I think it was revenge for taking a toy away from her.  She has toy mice with catnip inside.  One evening, instead of just playing with it, she was trying to eat it.  I was worried she'd choke on it so I put it up before going to bed.  The next day I found this.


It wasn't the terrible, tangled mess that it appears to be.  However, she did che through and broke the yarn.  I was not happy but in hindsight it could have been worse.  I'll just have to splice the yarn at the break.

Besides Weekender, I've been making progress on Oktoberfest.


This is the first repeat of the border.  I'm making the small size, so nine more repeats to go.  This has been a very fun knit.  I'm anxious to get it finished and blocked.  It is going to be pretty to wear with a dark long-sleeve T-shirt.

Trisha and her boyfriend are coming over for dinner.  Craig is a big eater so I'll have to get busy cooking.  Can't have him starve.

No comments: