Sunday, October 28, 2018

Two FOs

This was a productive week.  I have two finished objects to share.

First up is my yak yarn.  This was a very long spinning project.  Probably close to a year on the wheel because I didn't get around to it very often.  Last Sunday I decided to get this done.  Here is the finished skein.  4 ounces and a bit over 450 yards.  It is very lustrous and soft.  Now I need to decide what to make with it.  I'm thinking about some gloves for me.  If there is enough left maybe also a headband.


My second finished object is the Weekender sweater.  Here it is after its soak.  I can't wait for it to dry so that I can wear it.  I already have plans to wear it to work next Friday with a pair of jeans and boots.  I have a feeling I'll wear this a lot this winter.


I have enough Woolstok left to make something else.  I also have snippets of Woolstok leftover from making the kids hats so I might do some color work.  Maybe a hat and mittens.  For me, of course, to go along with the Weekender.


So now you might be wondering what has my attention now.

On the spinning wheel is the rainbow gradient BFL I bought last month at Wool Gathering.


The braid seems to have been handled a lot.  It is a bit difficult to pre-draft.  I'm spinning the braid in the order that the colors are presented.  Once the single is finished I will chain ply to make long color runs.  It will end up as a bulkier yarn.  I'm not going to let this languish on the wheel like the yak did.  My plan is to spend at least one evening a week at the wheel.

The Weekender sweater was finished yesterday morning while watching podcasts.  During our weekly football game viewing I worked on the Oktoberfest shawl.  I finished the second repeat of the border.  Eight to go.  My goal is to have this done by Christmas.


My usual Sunday morning routine is to get up, grab the newspaper, make a pot of tea and read the paper while sipping tea.  For reasons too complicated, and stupid, to explain, we are no longer getting the paper.  So my Sunday morning routine today became knitting while watching some shows on the DVR.  Not a bad substitute.  I spent the morning with the Charlie Brown Halloween special and a PBS show about native Americans.  Relax was the project in my hands.


I am nearing the completion of the front.  I don't have a schedule for finishing this.  It will get tossed aside as I work on Christmas knitting.

No comments: