Sunday, June 30, 2019

George Orwell Was Brilliant

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” 

Looking at my blog traffic statistics, I see that many of my visitors came via Ravelry.  Unfortunately, I don't agree with Ravelry's recent decision to stereotype a group of American people.  I find their decision hypocritical and bigoted.  Consequently I have made the decision to not participate in a community that bans someone for their personal beliefs.  The clincher was the word 'yet'.  Their public statement said they are not yet banning conservatives.  That tells me they are considering it in the future.  So if you are not an animal like them, you are not equal.   

As a result of my decision, I will likely not have as many people visit.  But that is OK.  This blog is for me anyway.  All visitors are welcomed.   Also, none of the links to my old Ravelry project pages will no longer work.  Sorry about that.  If you have a question about one of the projects, just post a comment and I'll reply when I can.

I am participating in the Papillon KAL at my LYS.  I have the first section finished.  The pattern is challenging.  It is certainly not TV knitting. 


I'm not sure I'm happy with my color choices.  It is pretty, but it is outside my typical color palette.  I'm trying not to pass judgment until it is finished.

I also have my Rhinebeck sweater started.  It is Hamilton by Josee Paquin.  I am using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Tweed in Papaya.  It is an easy knit so far.


The pattern is allowing me to use some of the fun stitch markers I bought last year at Stitches Midwest.


In a note about stitch markers, I found with Papillon that simple, round stitch markers worked best.  I first used some of my fun ones, but with the frequent turning of the row due to the short rows, they got tangled in my yarn too much.  I then switched to just the removable safety pin style.  Those also didn't work as smoothly as I liked.  The narrow end also tangled with the yarn.  That's when I switched to the simple circular markers.

In other news, my Marycrest cowl is on display at my LYS.  The shop owner has asked me to write the pattern.  I'm in the process of deciphering my notes and converting it into a workable pattern.  I haven't decided if I'll publish it yet.  My decision about Ravelry may impact that decision.  I'm in the process of looking for another venue for the pattern.  Stay tuned for further developments.





No comments: