Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Budget Issues

As you may know, I am an IT consultant currently working for the State of Ohio.  The Ohio fiscal year ends June 30.  Each year, my contract is renewed for the next 12 months.  The first year in this gig, I had a mandatory break in July until the purchase order was processed. Then the next 2 years I was allowed to work 'at risk' while waiting for the paperwork to catch up.  This year is back to the waiting at home mode.  The Ohio Legislature hasn't yet passed a budget, so all consultants were told to go home and wait until things are resolved.  I've heard it could be up to a month.  Financially it won't be fun, but it won't kill us.  To be honest, I'm not disappointed that I get to sleep in in the morning and play with Squeaks all day long.

Yesterday I decided to cast on a project that I've had in the queue for a couple years.  I know, I know.  I have a lot of WIPs.  I really don't need another.   But I have lately learned to schedule my knitting and have a plan for getting my primary projects done.  By following the schedule I'll make progress on this new project and the others in my active WIP pile.

So what is it I am starting?  It is Paris By Day by Baah Yarns.  It is an easy, chevron pattern made with three colors of their Dipped and Dabbled La Jolla yarn.  I'm starting with the yellow.  Then will probably do blue, then black.  The pattern says to knit until the colors run out.  I'm sure it's going to be a very long shawl.  


I've created a page to capture my progress on this project.  Check it out.



No comments: