Saturday, September 10, 2022

FOs and Current WIPs

Have a few finished projects since my last post.


My grandson arrived on Monday, August 29.  He is absolutely perfect!  I got to see him born.  It was an incredible experience.  Let the spoiling begin.


I gave my daughter and son-in-law an unfinished cradle that I found in my dad's workshop after he died.  My son-in-law added a bottom to it.  I made a little pad for the inside.  Jameson took his first nap in it and gave it the seal of approval.


I finished my Ranunculus.  It turned out exactly as I had hoped.  It is now stowed away waiting for my reunion.  I don't want to wear it until then so that it is fresh.  I'm worried that the mohair will pill.


Football season is upon us.  My daughter and I want to make sure Jameson roots for the Bengals so I made him a little had to wear this season.  I used a basic baby hat pattern and Fiber Optics Kashmir in their Bengals colorway from about 10 years ago.  It was a limited edition yarn that I've had in my stash for quite a while.


There is going to be another baby in the family later this year.  My niece is expecting her first in November.  I started a slipped rib blanket using some Dreambaby DK that has been in my stash.  I have 4 balls.  I'm hoping it will be long enough with just those 4.  After I finish the first ball, I'll measure how long it is and see if I have to order more.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I can find the colorway.  I bought it about a year and a half ago from Webs when I was making a blanket for a nephew's baby that came in May 2021.  I'm not too worried about the dye lot because I think Dreambaby is pretty consistent.


While doing more yarn organizing, I heard the whispers of the Berroco Remix Light I bought a year or two ago.  I bought it to make another Anker Summer Tee.  During a couple very boring days at work, I cast on.  I think I might have enough yarn to make long sleeves.  If so, this will be a nice autumn sweater.


Making progress on my Beeline Shawl.  As mentioned last time, this is not easy TV knitting.  At the latest color change, I made a major mistake and had to do major surgery to fix.  My fix isn't perfect but I think it will not be noticeable once blocked.


While waiting at the hospital for Jameson to make his appearance, I cast on a pair of socks.  I've misplaced the ball band, so I don't know what yarn this is.  I'm trying to do two-at-a-time.  Years ago my friend and I took a class at a LYS on this.  I don't quite remember how we did the heel gusset.  Once I get to that step I'll have to experiment to see if I can figure it out.  Stay tuned to see how I make out with these.

 

No comments: