Sunday, April 14, 2019

April Flowers

Spring has blossomed around here.  Our grass is green.  And needs its first cutting.  Birds are singing and starting to build nests.  Flowers are blooming.

I'm very excited that my star magnolia, upper right below, didn't get zapped by frost this year.  This is the third spring for this plant.  The prior two years weren't easy on it.  Just as it started to bloom, we had a killing frost.  This year it is absolutely gorgeous.  I'm glad it is happy.  I am too.  All of my spring flowers are extra pretty this year.


We are revitalizing the inside of the house too.  The family room and kitchen are being painted.  The shade on the left is the old color.  The picture below doesn't show the new color that well.  It actually matches closely with the tile around the fireplace.  Once we are done painting we are putting up a back splash in the kitchen.


Squeaks, aka Nora, is doing well.  She left me a little gift by my bedroom door the other day.  Thank goodness it wasn't a real mouse.


Did I mention the birthday gift Ed gave me?  It is a Namaste Train Case from Jimmy Bean Wools.  I love this case.  It is just big enough for a project and all the accessories that are needed.


The inside of the lid is cloth-covered metal so you can keep your pattern there with the cute little magnets that are provided.  Right now I'm keeping my Odyssey shawl in it.


I'm close to being finished.  I'm in the lace section of the last color.  We have some travelling to do today.  I may be able to get it close to finished. 


Last time I mentioned the cute stitch markers I got from Stunning String Studio.  I'm using a couple of the wine-themed ones on this shawl.   I can't tell you how much I love them!!


If you ever come across Stunning String at a yarn festival, be sure to check out all of their products.  They are incredible.


No comments: