Saturday, April 27, 2019

Happy LYS Day 2019

Today is a high holy day for knitters:  Local Yarn Shop Day.  My enabler, I mean friend Cindy, and I spent the day visiting our favorites here in town.  The shops were packed and the credit cards were flying out of wallets..  Unfortunately, ours were among them.  I have a few more projects in the queue.

First stop was Knitting Temptations.  They were featuring Uneek yarns.  I fell in love with a shop sample of Butterfly/Papillon made out of fingering weight yarn.  These skeins jumped in the convenient shopping bag they gave as you walked into the shop.


I also found myself ogling this Uneek sock kit.  It is self-striping yarn in two balls to give you identical twin socks.


They gave out a free stitch stoppers as a free gift to anyone that visited.


Next stop was Yarn It & Haberdashery.  They had a WolfyWool trunk show.  I couldn't pass up a skein call Duck Hunt.  Someday these will be socks for Ed.  That is, if he promises to wear them.  Otherwise they'll be mine.


Casapinka offered a free pattern for the LYSs to give out with Baah yarn purchases.  It is called Magical Thinking.  I found these beautiful skeins to make a springy pullover shawl.  As the designer says, this is not a poncho.


614 Knit Studio was the next stop.  I got some tools there:  a sock ruler and some tags with instructions for German short rows and Brioche stitches.


Last stop was Sew to Speak.  This shop features fabric and yarn.  They had a model of Stone Point which I thought would be great for our upcoming cruise to Alaska.  A few skeins of Shepherd's Wool jumped on me and demanded to become that poncho.   (This pattern isn't embarrassed to be called a poncho.)


I hadn't intended to do that much damage to my credit card.  Cindy reminded me that it is a special day however.  Thank goodness it only comes once a year!!!


No comments: