Saturday, July 14, 2007

Couldn't wait to get started

Last Saturday I bought some Ebony Zephyr wool silk and started the Mystery Stole 3. It was a rough start. I've never worked with laceweight before nor have I every tried beading. I found it difficult working with the fine yarn, especially with needles that were too blunt. Compounding my issues was the fact that my eyes had trouble focusing due to a muscle relaxer I was taking because of my back. I scrapped the idea of doing the beading and decided to just focus on the lace since this was my first project of laceweight. Thursday evening I went out and bought myself a set of lace needles. Nice and pointy. Now that I'm finished with the meds and I have better needles, I've been able to make some progress. What do you think?

I am up to row 71 of Clue #1. I know, I'm a little behind, but I'm happy with my progress. I'm a slow knitter and I want to make sure I do this right.
Over the next couple weeks, I should be able to finish up a few projects. We are leaving Monday for a vacation. Since we are driving, I'll be able to do some easier projects in the car. I'll save the MS3 for the evenings at the condo.

No comments: