Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Discovering old UFOs


A lot of other bloggers and a couple friends have been discussing lace knitting. I've started a couple projects a few years ago and never finished them. Serious ADD issues. Some call it Startitis. Instead of giving in to the intense urge to start the Mystery Stole #3 from Pink Lemon Twist, I dug out one of my unfinished projects last evening. It is the Lavendar Linen Lace Shawl from Nancie M. Wiseman's Knitted Shawls, Stoles, & Scarves. The pattern calls for 11 repeats. I've finished 9 repeats and am a couple rows into the 10th. Last night I took the time to calculate how many repeats I could do with the amount of linen I purchased. I could do 16 repeats, but seriously doubt that I will. My 25th high school reunion is coming up in a month. If I stay committed to this I could get it finished for that event. The family and I are heading away later in the month for Florida for 10 days. If I devote the car time to knitting, I could probably make this 12-14 repeats and then finish it off. That will be my goal for July.

No comments: