Sunday, December 2, 2007

Time Flies!!!

I really didn't intend for an entire month to pass by between blogs. But this is getting to be the busiest time of year.

Thanksgiving was spent in Tennessee at my sister's lake house. The kids were very excited about having 3 days to spend with their cousins. It was very relaxing.

To burn off some of the food that was consumed, I walked everyday. Wednesday after we arrived, I walked a mile with Nancy. Thursday morning, Nancy, Dan, their dog Togo, and I walked about 3 1/2 miles. After dinner, we did another mile. Friday morning we repeated the 3 1/2 mile course. Friday evening, Ed and I went out for a 1 1/2 mile walk. I really felt like I was getting a workout. The hills were killers!! Poor puppy was wiped out after the workout.

The Thanksgiving feast was wonderful. I made two pies, pumpkin and raspberry. Nancy made a chocolate bourbon pecon pie (YUM!!!), and the kids made a pumpkin cream pie. Nobody went hungry to say the least.

While driving to Tennessee, I made good progress on the sleeves for Sonnet. I think I started this about 3 years ago. Obviously I have attention deficit problems with projects, but I am committed to getting this done by Christmas. I hope to wear it Christmas day. Here's how close I am.

My intention was to work on this while at Tennessee, but I got distracted by this. It is from the Berroco pattern book #220, circa 2003. The pattern is Faith, knit in Berroco Duo. Duo is now discontinued, so I hope I have enough to complete the project. I had started this sweater a couple years ago, but discovered that I was knitting a size too small. I ripped it out and purchased more yarn. I believe I'm alright with the sizing.

Now, time to sign off, get a cut of hot chocolate, and sit by the newly decorated Christmas tree. The picture is a bit blurry, but you get the idea. :)

No comments: