Friday, January 25, 2008

No One Told Me The Deadline Changed

This is a baby blanket I'm making for a friend from work who was due to have a baby boy around February 22.


Baby blanket
Originally uploaded by katschem



I had hoped to present the blanket to her and the baby in the hospital. I'm only about 1/3 done with it. I figured I had plenty of time before the little guy would be born.

No one told the little guy to wait. My friend's water broke this morning and I've been waiting all day to hear any news. Around 4:30 pm I called the hospital. All they would say is that she was still in Labor and Delivery. I'll try tomorrow. I figure tonight she's probably tired and busy with family. Even if I pulled an all nighter, I wouldn't make it. I need 2 more skeins of the yarn. The LYS that I purchased the original 6 skeins from was out of this particular shade of blue. Tomorrow I'll trek to a couple more to see if they happen to have any extra. I doubt I'll be able to match the dye lot, but I'm hoping it will match. We'll see.

No comments: