Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

My Christmas vacation is about over. Tomorrow it is back to work for me. :(

Christmas was fun and relaxing. Santa brought many games for the kids, including a Wii. Seredipity was in Mrs. Claus's favor a few days before Christmas. I wasn't intending on getting one for the kids until the spring, but while at Target on 12/20 during my lunch hour, a cart load of them was wheeled by and I got one. It has been a huge hit. We've now acquired a few games and an extra remote and numchuck. It will help keep the kids active over the winter.

After spending 4 days in Cincinnati with family, the kids and I returned home last Friday. I started a new pair of socks for myself.


The are a standard 2x2 rib, eye of the peacock heel made out of Tofutsies #728. The skein claims to be 425 meters, which I figured was more than enough for a pair of socks for me. I'm almost ready to start the toe decreases, and it feels like I've used barely any yarn yet. I may be able to get two pairs out of this skein. I'll have to weight the finished socks to be sure. If that is the case, I'm going to try to find more Tofutsies to try. I love how the darker pink has created a swirl around the leg and foot. I was concerned that the heel flap and gusset would interrupt it too much to have it continue on the foot, but it started up again once I got back to the right number of stitches. Life's good.

Winter is hitting full force tonight. We are getting lake effect snow which is supposed to last all night. The wind has been blowing since last night. I wish I could stay bundled up in bed tomorrow morning, but that's not my luck. At least I'll only have 3 days to work this week.

No comments: