Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wild and Wooly

In the words of Charlie Brown's little sister, "Isn't he the cutest thing!
"
Meet Shaun. My friend got me a copy of the December Simply Knitting, which included the patterns for a Shaun and Friends mobile. I had to make Shaun right away. The specified yarn is not found here in the US, but I did manage to find a suitable substitute at JoAnn's ETC. It is one of the Sensations line. It think it worked up perfectly. Shaun has his own set of knitting needles thanks to one of my kids. One of them (they refuse to confess) snapped one of my Brittany #2s in half. The pieces for Shaun were knit while watching a movie with the family on Saturday night. I sewed him together yesterday.

Also on the needles is a blanket for a friend who is due in 5 weeks. The baby blanket is coming along, but I'm losing interest. I figure I need to do about 6 inches a week if I'm going to make it in time for the baby. The pressure isn't on yet, but it will be if I don't find more motivation. I'll take a picture later of it.

No comments: